Turn a Raspberry Pi or compatible Single Board Computer with 40-pin header into a feature-packed Thread Border Router. Connect it to the internet using Ethernet or WiFi, or add your favorite pre-certified cellular modem and use it ANYWHERE!
A Border Router connects a local wireless network to other IP-based networks. This board was designed to implement a Thread Border Router, but its Nordic Semiconductors nRF52840-based radio module can support a variety of wireless protocols, including (Thread, BLE, Zigbee, and proprietary).
When this board is used with a Raspberry Pi Model 3B and the OpenThread Border Router (OTBR) software, it is a Thread Certified Component. Learn more here.
The Farm Jenny LTE-Thread Border Router HAT has been reviewed and Certified by Arrow Electronics.
- Socket for Nimbelink(R) or compatible end-certified cellular modem
- Certified nRF52840-based BLE/Zigbee radio with PA/LNA for long range
- Radio programming via standard Tag-Connect socket
- NFC Tag interface (flex/antenna required)
- Four (4) status LEDs (Power, Cell, BLE/802.15.4, User)
- One (1) momentary pushbutton
- Connector for LEDs/Button on external overlay
- USB interface for full cell modem access
- Pass-thru 40-pin connector for stacking
- Complies with Raspberry Pi HAT Electrical and Mechanical Specifications
- LTE-Thread Border Router HAT for Raspberry Pi (or equivalent)
- 2.4GHz Antenna with 100mm Cable (Taoglas FXP73)
- Extra-tall 40-pin GPIO Stacking Header for Raspberry Pi
- 6 inch USB Cable (for cellular modem interface)
- Quick-start instructions
View complete specifications, design information, 3D models, etc. on our GitHub page.